Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Success!

So, after a long drive, long wait and lots of talking.. Abby's tongue tie is officially snipped. I avoided watching at all costs.. but could hear that my little girl was a trooper. She was a little "off" for a while.. but after a nice nap on the drive home, she was smiling at me as if nothing happened! I have to do tongue exercises with her for a week and the doctor warned me they will be uncomfortable for her.. poor little girl. I did happen to stop off at work after the procedure and Abby got to visit, and we ran into someone who had a tongue tie whose parents opted to wait to snip it to see if it would grow out and it didn't. She had to have the surgery at 4 years old and still has a bit of a speech impediment and her tongue tip never really grew. It made me feel a lot better about the decision, especially since she kept saying I made the right choice.


This is her tonight during her nightly tummy time, looking none the wiser!

So, thanks again everyone for the advise!

Until the next decision...

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm sure she will thank you for making this decision when she's old enough! Congrats mama for making the first heart-wrenching decision. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here starts a life long decisions for Mom.....You will make good ones and not so good one but you know what??? That's what life is all about...The is NO perfection in this world , just learning experiences. Grand Maman is so happy that it is all over.

    ReplyDelete