Friday, September 3, 2010

The Incident..

So.. I have been meaning to blog about this for almost a week now. Last Friday, my sweet little girl's digestive system decided to be a bit more efficient. She did not poop until Sunday.. which I thought was horrible and that something was wrong, but after doing some reading and checking out blogs I realized it's completely normal. What ISN'T normal is what came out of her Sunday. Now, if you have a weak stomach, please do not continue reading this.. especially since there a visual aids.

I was at my moms visiting sitting in the livingroom relaxing and watching a movie. We had both been hoping that Abby would poop because she used to poop about 6 times a day! Then we heard it. The poop farts. She was just playing in her chair so I let her stay there for a bit because there is always a poop after shock (I found this out the hard way while changing her diaper right away.. twice.. they say girls don't squirt anything.. they LIE!)

So, after about 10 minutes or so, I think that enough time has passed to investigate. I go to pick her up and her whole back feels soaked. I thought "Oh my god! She's sweating! She must be sick!" Then.. I saw it. Poop. Everywhere. I have had little diaper explosions where it goes up the back a bit... but not like this. The poop made it all the way up to her armpits! So.. here I am.. holding her as far away from me as possible wondering what the heck I am supposed to do! I yelled for my mom and she came and just started laughing at us. Not funny. She grabbed a garbage bag and we laid Abby on it. I proceeded to open her onsie to find that the inside it is worse than I thought. Poop up to her chest, in her belly button, in her armpits, up her back, down her legs.. everywhere!! After I got the clothes off her I brought her to the bathroom and my mom hosed her off with the shower and then I gave her a bath.

Now I have a strong stomach.. but that did me in. Never have I seen something so gross before. I thought last week, that nothing gets worse than that. Then I read on Angie's blog ~ Wife, Lawyer, Mother ~ about her son Owen's explosion HERE.. YUCK! Thank god Abby can't play with her poop yet! I am not looking forward to the day that she can!

I didn't take a picture of the initial situation, but I did take pictures of the outfit after. They really don't do the situation justice, but you get the idea.

So here's to hoping that this is our one and only huge explosion!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Well, at least things are working again, right?!?

    I'm glad you found my post about vaccinations helpful. Like I said, do your research, talk to your doctor, and then make a decision that YOU are happy with. There are lots of books on the subject, but many are very medical (aka boring!) and some websites. My husband said the website, http://www.nvic.org/ has lots of good info. Hope that helps!

    Oh, and nice to meet you! Your little Abigail is adorable! Welcome to parenthood :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh yes... the early, not so bad smelling, yellowish poops. Oh how I wish we were still dealing with those! As gross as that was April, it WILL get worst! hahaha

    And those silly onesies, as soon as it goes up their backs, then you have to trail that all the way over their heads, so difficult to do it without leaving 'skid marks'... LOL

    I'm glad you went over to CM's blog, she's great!

    Have a great day.. just waiting for Hurricane Earl here in Halifax :)

    ReplyDelete