Monday, September 6, 2010

Look Mom! I Have Fingers!!

Every day my little girl surprises me more and more at how fast she learns! 2 weeks ago she started sucking her thumb and I have mixed feelings about it.
Great things..
  • Its super cute
  • It calms her down
  • She can fall back asleep so much easier now
  • Did I mention it's super cute?

Bad things..

  • Bad for teeth
  • Hard habit to break

So what do I do? Unfortunately.. try and stop her if shes awake and IF I manage to catch her (she is quite sneaky..)I pop her suckie in her mouth, because I figure its an easier habit to break. This is proving to be a bit harder than I thought it would be. She went from not knowing her hands were hers to be an expert at finding her mouth!

A positive thing has come from her new found hands though.. she is a PRO at grabbing stuff! Usually its her dress that she pulls up to show off her diaper.. but now she has toys that she grabs and plays with and her play mats get good use! And she always has a good grip on her blanket when she naps.

Or someone's necklace!

I can't believe how just 2 weeks ago, she had no idea how to use her fingers.. and this last week it's like she has known all along how to use them! Whats next?! Things are moving too fast for me! Slow down little girl and stay a baby for a bit longer please.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how fast they learn stuff!! Trust me, it gets better and better. I want him to say a little baby forever, but at the same time, I'm amazed just by watching him grow and learn and develop - it's so precious.

    Regarding the thumb-sucking, again, that's another mom decision that you'll have to make. Everybody will have a different view. We decided to not let him suck his thumb and stopped it immediately. There are pros and cons to both sides, so I don't think they're a right or wrong decision here...

    ReplyDelete