Friday, September 24, 2010

New Toy..

I have this little problem. When I get an idea in my head, it haunts me until I have satisfied it. My most recent idea was that I should invest in a better camera.. (if you saw all the blurry, horrible pictures I had been taking, you would understand why..) I mean, why pay someone else to do what you could potentially do yourself? Every bad picture I took I was one step closer to paying someone some serious money to get some good ones. I will most likely have pictures done once in a while, but I have that new, crazy mom urge, to photograph my daughter whenever she moves. And then there are all the seasons and holiday pictures.. I figured putting some money into a good camera will save me a lot of money in the future.
I got the idea a couple days ago, and now am the owner of a Canon Rebel XS! (Thanks Angie for the suggestion) I have no idea how to use all the functions yet, but have been able to play around with it for about an hour total (that's all that Abby has let me do so far.. haha)
These are some of the pictures I have taken.
As soon as I got home I ripped it out of the box and Abby woke up in time for her first photo shoot
Then after a nap, a couple other snaps.

Now these are not very artistic photos.. and when I upload the pictures it takes so much away from the quality.. but they are amazing to me. It captures every little perfection on her perfect little face, down to the drool drip on her chin.

Next week after Kindermusik on Thursday, I am going to do a little baby photo shoot at a friends house with Abby and her little guy Cayden. My mission this week, is to gather as many cute little props to put in the pictures. I have no idea how it is going to go, and how Abby is going to be.. but.. practice makes perfect! I can't wait to see what we can come up with!

Feel free to give me ideas if you have them!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh - so happy you got a new toy for yourself!! :) If you're like me you will LOVE this new camera. Mine is always out on the kitchen table ready to snap away in a moment's notice.

    If you want to learn more about it, I got myself a XSI dummies book at Chapters and youtube has tons of videos on how to do certain things with the camera like have the subject in focus and the background really blurry etc...

    Can't wait to see the photos of the photoshoot! I"m sure Abby will be as cute as ever.

    P.S. Already I can see a huge difference in the quality of the pics, the ones you posted are so clear!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just so in love with her ...more and more every time I see her....soon I will have her in my arms.....xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete