Friday, March 25, 2011

9 months!

Well, it's here. 9 months old tomorrow. Another month closer to a year old. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... where does the time go!??? You are so grown up. So many people have said that you have lost your baby features, and they are right. You are just a giant bundle of want-to-be toddler. My favorite thing about this month, is that your personality is really starting to come out. You are such a little observer. You watch and study everything with an intensity that I will never live to know myself. You are so loud and playful when you know your surroundings, but when you are in a new place you quiet right down and cautiously observe. You are also very clever. If you want something, you will find a way to get it. You can climb and maneuver with the best of them, won't stop until you've reached your goal,no matter how many times someone tries to stop you. Determined. That I expected. Your Dad and I both have that quality as well of a pinch or two of stubbornness, so it is only natural for you to be the same.

Over the past two months you learned to wave and clap by request, say and sign "more", sign "food", sign "milk". You call me "mama" and you call grandma "nana". You can also say "banana" and your favourite syllabol is "da". You pick up story books all the time, but don't like when I read them to you anymore. You want to read them to me! And you do it so proudly.
Two giant milestone that you mastered in the last two months were walking with things and standing by yourself.

Two days ago you braved taking a step, mouth wide open with excitement. You landed on your bum, beaming with pride.

It is so hard to wipe that smile off your face these days. You are such an extremely happy baby!! I don't even remember the days that I had to walk around and bounce with you because all you would do is cry. Now, all you do is smile. And, if you aren't smiling, all I have to do is smile at you and you do it right back.

It's funny how your looks change. For about 5 months straight now, you were a mini me. Looked exactly like all my baby pictures. Sometimes it felt weird looking at you because it was so unreal. The last few days though you look a bit like me, but A LOT like your Daddy. You both have the same expressions and it is funny to see.

You weigh 18lbs and are 28 1/2 inches! So tall!! And you cut your first tooth two days ago. FINALLY! It looks like there are a bunch more ready to come out.. so I am trying to soak up your gummy smile for the small amount of time that I have left.

And last, but not least, you sleep. You sleep for 10-11 hours straight and I love you so much more for that, if it is even possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment