Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Finally!

You never really realize just how limited your time can be until you have a child. I remember always thinking when I was pregnant.. "Well, I work two jobs, go to University full-time, am an intricate part of a large stage production at the University, AND I'm pregnant. I'll be fine." HA! HA HA! I was so naive.. then, I was up at 6 or 7 every day and in bed by about 1, jam packed with things to do, and I find myself busier now. It took me ONE FULL WEEK to paint Abby's room, the bulk of which I did when Abby was with her Dad yesterday. I tried all week to get it done before Monday so I could have some relax time, but it just didn't happen. I think I had forgotten how much work it can actually be to paint a room. This room was the most work for sure, because I had to move everything out of the room and normally I'd just move it out of the way. I probably could have done it sooner if I didn't walk with Abby for almost every afternoon nap, but it was so nice this week. I found a great route that is about 2 hours and the majority of it is along the canal. There is also a little picnic area with a playground about half way that I think will be a perfect pit-stop when she gets a bit older. Anyways, now the painting is done and I just have to wait a couple days to let it cure so I can get everything up and moved back in! Abby has been fantastic sleeping in my room. I have really been enjoying it. Once this week she woke up at 3, but the rest was 5-7. I think I finally have a full-night sleeper! And it was just too cute when I would come to bed. She likes sleeping on her stomach now, with her bum in the air. I always put her down on her back, and every night when I have gone to bed this week I peaked in her crib with the light from my phone, and every time she would be in a new place, bum in the air, and cute as a button. I find it so funny that I look forward to her naps and bed time to squeeze in some "me" time, but when she is actually asleep, all I want to do is scoop her up and cuddle with her. I plan on moving her things back into her room by the weekend, but have a feeling that I won't actually get it done until Monday..! So, until next week!
Oh! Side note, today is Abby's 9 month doctors appointment! I can't wait to see how much she weighs and how tall she is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment