Sunday, March 13, 2011

Success!!

Daylight savings was never really an issue for me until I had a child. All it would mean was an hour less or more at the bars. Back in the fall, I had my first daylight savings and vowed never to let it affect me again! It didn't help that Abby wasn't sleeping much at the time it changed, I'm sure, but it was a nightmare! You never really realize what an hour does to you! Especially when you have your whole schedule based on certain times of the day. Well, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice? NEVER! This time I slowly changed our internal clocks together before the time change. I thought it would be harder than it actually ended up being.. but it worked! And, it may not seem like a huge deal, but I am pretty impressed with myself! Abby is not phased one bit by the change and for most nights now, sleeps straight for at least 10 hours.

Now, just when we have things all figured out, I'm going to change things. I have not painted since we moved in November and have been itching to do it almost every day. I finally am going to get to it now that the weather is a little nicer out, and I am starting with her room. What does that mean? Her crib/change table are going in my room and I am going to be sleeping on the couch for a while. I contemplated sleeping in my room too, and may even try it.. but something tells me that she will be rattling at the prison bars begging to get out if she see me in there.
I am really excited about doing her room though, so sleeping on the couch is worth it to me. I will have to take before/after pictures. Right now it is a jungle theme, but I am going to keep the walls neutral so that it can be an easy change over if she doesn't like it when she's a bit older. That isn't what I am excited about though. I bought magnetic paint and chalkboard paint!! One wall of her room is giant sliding closet doors, and I am going to turn them into the best doors a little girl can have! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Anyways, all this is happening tomorrow, so fingers crossed for how she will take to the new room change. I'll get some pictures up, and some updated pictures of her because I have been slacking in that department, but have a feeling it will be picking up again soon with the weather changes.. and that she is going to be my little model for all my crafty creations that I have been making lately. Headbands, tiaras, tutus, bows.. etc you name it, I am making it! And, selling it too..! If you would have asked me a year ago if I would be doing this kinda stuff I would have told you that you were crazy. Now, here I am! Maybe I've gone stir crazy.. whatever it is, it's fun!
So, now it's off to bed to think about all the fun things I can do with her room!
Update you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment