Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More Renos!

So, here it is. Pictures of the rest of the house. Lots of work, but I am motivated to get it done!

So this is the entrance way. I'm ok with everything there, except that it's pink. Yes, pink. I am starting to get used to it, which is why I need to change it. I was born a neutral girl and I will die a neutral girl.
My livingroom. Do you see the big empty wall staring back at me?! This picture does not do the space justice. The TV is 42" if that gives you a better sense of the space. There is only one solution to this problem, and it is art. Lots of art. And then, there is the pink factor. Also, a strange outlet just floating there on the wall. Not sure what to do with that either.. I am sure there is some need artwork that requires electricity out there though.. it's just a matter of finding said artwork.
This is the diningroom, which is just a continuation of the livingroom. What do you see (aside from my oodles of craft stuff)? More wall. Yes, more wall. Eventually I hope to fill this space with a piano, but for now? More art. I did purchase a fairly large mirror the other day though that I think will look great, it is just a matter of putting it up. And then there is the "pink" factor... yikes.
This, obviously, is the kitchen. There isn't too much I'd change about it. Infact, I am inlove with this kitchen. It, and the entrance way, is what made me love this house so much. The walls are in good shape and don't need paint, and I like the colour, but am not sure it will go with the colour I am choosing for the livingroom etc.. so I'll have to play it by ear. Also need to get a new table, but that is not a necessity. What DOES need to go, is that crazy excuse of a light fixture. Lime green, orange, and white should never hang together.. ever. At least in my kitchen.
Bathroom. Besides the PURPLE walls and the window sheer, I love everything about this bathroom. Especially the sink unit. I know I am going to go with a brown for the walls, but I haven't decided what shade. There are so many colours to grab from between the counter and the floor that it is hard to choose.


Back to my room, that is currently being invaded by my ever-so-sweet 8 month old. So, as you may have noticed, the walls are lime green. Yup. Lime green. I think the light fixture from the kitchen was intended for this room, but ended up hanging too low. The curtains and furniture were purchased after the house, as well as the picture frames that are still in their packaging.. oops! I keep meaning to finish my picture project for those, but I end up taking on other projects. I have discovered that it is very hard to choose just the right picture combination to say what I want it to. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? So four together? That is quite a long story.. that if not told right, runs the risk of being very boring.. although Abby is going to be the subject so I can't really go wrong. I also have a piano in my room, saxophone, trumpet and guitar that come with A LOT of music. My closet is the same as Abby's closet, and I am hoping to divide it the same and have half of it designated to storage and shelving. First thing's first though, get rid of the green. I am thinking an ashy, browny grey.. something dark. I may need to find the right bedset first because it is so much harder matching sets to walls than walls to sets.

Needless to say, I have a lot of work ahead of me. Just wait until it gets nice enough to do some outside work. I LOVE gardening. Love everything about it. I can't wait to get my hands in some dirt and there are a LOT of beds to work in here :)

Tomorrows goal? Abby. Pictures of Abby. It has been too long and that is a crime. Wordless Wednesday needs a good one!

1 comment:

  1. The previous owners need to be denied access to the Home Depot Paint area - permanently! hahahaha
    I can't wait to see the after now :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete