Tuesday, November 9, 2010

That didn't take long..

If you don't remember or haven't read previous blogs.. I thrive off of satisfying my urges. And by urges.. I mean ideas that I have conjured up. So, if you see that I have blogged about thinking about doing something, rest assured, it will be done within a week. That being said, Abby now has two holes in her head. We went on Saturday to the mall just to take a look and get some more information.. not necessarily to get it done. Walked out with a shiny new pair of earrings!

Abby was such a champ. She cried for maybe 10 seconds, part of which was just the discontent of being restricted, then saw her reflection in the mirror and started smiling at it. She now is even CUTER (if that is even possible..) and is none the wiser.
I am very happy that I got it done. I will say though, after we got home and she was playing, I was looking at her and she looked so different.. and less like that natural-naked-baby-beautiful.. and I seriously contemplated taking them out. That moment has passed though, and I do not regret getting it done at all.

(Not the best shot, but busy with the MOVE!)


5 comments:

  1. So pretty Miss Abby with your new earings....Standing wow too fast Mom and grandmaman are loosing their baby..lolI miss her so she is the sweetest ....Stole our hearts.xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh - that is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!! She's so gorgeous!
    Owen sends some love to his Ontario girlfriend!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious. I love Abby in the new bling-bling xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. April,

    Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Like you, I had our YDD ears pierced early.

    This was a perfect age to pierce her ears. I admit that I love the look of little pierced ears on babies and little girls. After asking our ped, she encouraged me to go ahead saying she had done her dd at 6wks old. She gave me some suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced which were very helpful.

    I think you’re were a smart mommy for piercing your dd’s ears early. Admittedly, I know a lot of people have strong feelings when to pierce a child’s ear. “Let them decide” is being replaced by parental decision when mommy intuition knows, “earlier is better” from either personal or friend’s experiences of unpleasant childhood ear piercing. I think it just depends on your own personal choice whether or not you wish your baby or little girl to have pierced ears.

    Many moms including myself like the look of earrings on babies and little girls for no specific reason, but like how light plays off a simple gold ball on a bald baby girl or small gold hoop poking through the hair of a toddler.

    Cerebrally, as mothers of girls of all ages, we know it celebrates their femaleness and femininity. After all, they are little girls, right? Growing up I remember many of my little
    girlfriends were not allowed to get their ears pierced. I could never understand it…but when their parents did finally let them, it always seemed they’d get infected because they were constantly touching them or trying to change out the earrings before they were supposed too.

    If anyone wants our ped’s tips, then don’t hesitate to write me an e-mail. Also if you have neysayers about how pretty your dd looks with earrings, write me for some rebuttal quips my sister and I put together.

    Amy
    amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete