Monday, October 4, 2010

Zumba!

Alright, as much as I love that I have a beautiful, healthy baby girl, it has to be said that I miss my ME time. One of my favorite things to do was go to Zumba classes before I got pregnant. It is a great workout, but that isn't why I do it. I just LOVE the dance moves and the music!! Reality hit me very fast after my csection that I was not going to be able to be as active as I had hoped. Even after 3 months I am still a bit sore.. but feel ready to start getting active again. I decided that since I am not going to be able to go to the classes for quite some time, that I should get some DVDs to do it at home. The DVDs just came today so I can't wait to put it on and do some MUCH MISSED Zumba! Abby should be pretty entertained while I'm dancing all over the place and I can do it at my own pace if I get sore. Maybe there will even be some steps that I can do with her too! Who knows!
As for updates on Abby, I have noticed a pretty big difference in how she is since the tongue tie snip. I don't know if it is because she is growing out of her fussy stage, or if she is just able to get more to eat, but she is a lot happier! For a good chunk of her life so far there was NO WAY I would be able to just have her cuddling with me, sit in a chair, or be by herself. She needed to be bounced around if she wasn't eating or sleeping. Now, she amuses herself for quite some time and rarely needs me to bounce her around. One of her favorite things to do is squeal. It is pretty loud.. and really high pitched.. but I LOVE it! Her eyes and her smile are just SO big when she does it and I know she is in a happy bliss! She is also getting very good at grabbing the objects around her, especially her feet! This made it really hard during the photo shoot to have props around because she kept on grabbing them!
What's this?
Oh look, a leaf!More leaves here!
Needless to say, it took a while to get her settled! Curious little pumpkin bum!

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to try Zumba...but id like to. Sorry to hear that you are still a bit sore :( I was back on my feet within weeks and at 6 weeks it was like nothing had happened ( I also had a c-section) ima sure it'll be as if nothing happened soon though.
    I bet the snip helped Abby find her voice...little sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete