Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dear Abby

Today, I love you just a little bit more than yesterday.. if that is even possible.


I am very excited for today. Tuesdays last year, while you were snuggled in my stomach, I would rehearse with the University Wind Ensemble (orchestra without strings) and give you an earfull of the saxophone for 3 hours straight every week. Now, the University has asked me to come back and sing with the the ensemble.. so what does that mean for you? A front row seat (well.. further than front row so you don't get blasted away) to seeing the band all in action while your mommy rehearses. I am so excited to see how you will react to the music that you heard for 9 months. I realize now that it has been 5 months now since I have touched my saxophone or trumpet.. which is pretty sad.. but you do sit on my lap and watch me play the piano, and I do take you to Kindermusik, AND I sing non-stop everywhere I go, so you get more than your fill of music. But there is just something magical about listening to a live band that I can't really explain, but I am certain you will feel it too.

On that note, I must cut this short because you just woke up and are talking up a storm. You are in the best mood EVER when you wake up and I don't like missing it.. maybe I'll snag a video of the morning smiles :)

Love you pumpkin
Mommy

1 comment: