Saturday, October 30, 2010

Me? Crafty? Never.

What is it about having a child that turns on your "creative" switch. Before Abby, I didn't care too much about crafts, art.. anything like that. I definitely appreciated others' works, but I was never inspired I suppose. Now, all I want to do is go to a craft store and make picture frames, hair pieces, outfit accessories, organizers.. you name it, I want to make it! Some recent things are cute hair pieces (bows, flowers.. etc) picture frames (with Abby's help.. footprints and what not) and most recently, costumes!! I never thought I would get THIS excited for Halloween when she is only 4 months old, but here I am. Three costumes later. Still not Halloween. She's dressed up 4 times already! I have saved the best costume for the actual day.. and I say best because I am personally obsessed with giraffes.. and so naturally she is going to be one. Now.. the costume itself was pretty darn cute.. but something was missing. What do I do? Spruce it up with my new creative touch, that's what. Now, her ordinary, but VERY cute costume is complete with a nice big pink polka-dotted bow. Needles and thread.. glue guns.. ribbon..?! Something I never EVER thought I'd be playing around with.. and yet, here I am. I also added my own newly-found personal flare to her other outfits too. I am not a "girlie girl" by any means.. but my daughter is transforming me a bit.. and she is definitely getting treated like one!
Next blog will definitely showcase some of my additions.. while I parade my unknowing child around like a prized pig for my own personal satisfaction.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I know the feeling! I think it happens to all us moms, except at my house, it's all things blue, blue ribbon, blue paint, blue everything crafty! I love it.

    I thought I was bad buying 2 costumes for Owen (3, but one is for next year!) but now I see that I'm in good company! :) He was the dragon for Kindermusik... wait til you see the pics of tomorrow.... I CAN'T WAIT!!

    And, naturally I cant wait to see miss Abby in her costumes and 'embellishments' :)

    A, xo

    ReplyDelete