Monday, August 23, 2010

Reflection

Since I've been back from my trip I'm finding that I have more time than I did before. This is because she is actually napping during the day!! The naps are usually only about 20 minutes, but it is better than nothing. She is a very active baby who wants to take in every bit of the world! I have noticed a lot of changes in the last week in her behaviour. She has started to smile!! And I can't get enough of her big grin! I think she has finally started to adapt to the world around her and is beginning to realize its not half bad and that there is a lot of love around her. I know it has only been 2 months, but it seems like an eternity for me. Looking back, it all went by so fast and I almost forget how she was when she was a baby!


  • Week 1 - Eat, sleep, poop, repeat.
  • 7lbs 13oz 18 1/2 inches

  • Week 2 - Cry, eat, poop, refuse to sleep, repeat
  • 8lbs 4 oz 19 inches

  • Week 3 - Cry, eat, poop, refuse to sleep during the day, but slept better at night

  • Week 4 - Cry even more.. when will it stop?!!
  • 9lbs 6 oz 20 1/2 inches
  • Week 5 - SWING HEAVEN!! Daytime naps are possible! Happier baby!

  • Week 6- Sleeping for 5 hours at a time at night.. god bless my child! Rolled over!
  • 10lbs 8 oz 21 inches

  • Week 7 - She smiles :) and what a beautiful smile it is!

  • Week 8 - My new baby has arrived.. and all she does is smile, and only cries when shes hungry or wants some loving :)
  • 11lbs 8 oz 22 1/2 inches

A long first couple of weeks.. especially recovering from a Csection. It has been a big challenge for me.. and many times I have thought I wouldn't be able to do it.. but here I am today. Happier than I've ever been in my life.



I can't wait to see what Abby will bring to my life in Week 9!


1 comment:

  1. April... My little princess is gorgeous!! I love all the videos and pictures from your trip. I miss her so much it's crazy! Wanna bring her to Czech Republic?! haha just kidding. But looking forward to my visit next year (Ugh... Sounds so far away). Kiss my goddauther for me :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete