Monday, August 30, 2010

Spoke too soon..!

Week 9

Thought things would be a bit easier by now, especially after a great week 8.. but.. I guess it was just a bit of a break. Abby had her shots this week. Poor little girl.. and didn't seem to be feeling well for a couple days, which is, apparently normal. But since then.. she isn't pooping a lot anymore!! The pediatrician said that its normal.. but it has been every other day since..! And she seems to be so much more fussy and trying to all the time.. and is in obvious pain!! So.. whats a girl to do? I feel so helpless.. so this week has been the hardest so far I think. She does still smile and goes through happy spurts, but I know a bad one is coming soon after and I wish there was something I could do. I find it hard to believe a lot of babies do this, but if they do, poor parents! Its so hard to watch! AND.. I never thought I'd be so obsessed with her poop!!!!

She has been busy all week visiting people while this has gone on though, and I'm glad she was feeling ok for most of the them!

I also have not been able to blog at all this week because we have been so busy, but now she has tuckered herself out while playing!

So.. until the next time she passes out...!

3 comments:

  1. She is growing up so fast and is just adorable! Loved the update April :) You are a good Mama and are doing a great job with Abby. I miss her so SO much xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Poor Abby :( We haven't really had a hard time with Owen - he's a poop champion! hahaha. Actually, now that he also eats solid foods, sometimes he only poops every other day, but he's never really fussy or gassy.

    Did your ped. tell you to take her legs when she's laying down and push them up into her tummy? Owen would *toot* each time we did that, so I think that helped him.

    Also - Grippe Water works wonders to help them poop. You can find this at Shoppers. I always have some on hand :)


    I hope she gets over the shot soon and that she returns to normal, I'm sure it's just a phase but I can't comment on that because we haven't given Owen any shots yet. I know, I know.. very controversial, but we're doing what's right for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Angie! Ya I tried the leg pumping and Gripe water and nothing seems to be working! I just hope it passes soon! And I agree with the shots. I did not want Abby to get them at all, but then she wouldn't be able to go to daycare when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete